Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Asterpix Interactive Video

Stumbled across the link to this site in one of the blogs I read. Sorry, but I got so excited to try it out that I forgot the check which one is was in my RSS reader. I'll add it later if I can track it down. Anyway, this site called Asterpix allows you to load videos from just about anywhere on the web and make them interactive. I pulled a Common Craft video from You tube and made a couple quick and sadly, not very good annotations. Hey, it's late (midnight) and I just wanted to try this out. You can place hot spots on the video with annotation and weblinks. When the viewer mouses over the box, the video pauses. I can see all kinds of opportunities that this presents with instructional videos, especially in science. Here the one I tried below.

Oh, and the panel on the left that partially covers the video are the notes that are embedded. You can click on them individually at any time. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with!

0 comments: